The cathedral, built in 1835, stands majestically in Plaza Murillo, in the world’s highest capital city of La Paz. At 3800 metres above sea level (12,000 feet), the more affluent people live below the city where there is more oxygen rather than above La Paz with its panoramic views.

6 Responses to Photo of the Week: Cathedral (La Paz, Bolivia)

• Costa Rica Hotels says:

Beautiful church. If you see the colors derived from light, they are quite similar to the ones product of the recent dust storm in Sidney, Australia

• Sherry says:

Bolivia is high on my list – I must get there! Thanks for sharing and getting me even more excited about it! Have you been there yet yourself?

• Kirsty Wilson says:

What an amazing looking building. The lighting adds to it too. Bolivia, another to add to my 'Bucket List'!!

@costa rica hotels: Beautiful at night

@sherry: Indeed, all the photos are mine from my trips (unless explicitly stated). I went there several years ago on a trip thru Ecuador, Peru (incl Inca Trail and Nazca) and Bolivia. Superb scenery.

@kirsty: It is a somehow elegant church though it seems to have stubby fat towers. Very plain inside but nice under lights.

• Glennia/ The Silent I says:

Gorgeous lighting! I'd love to see this. Thanks for sharing it.

@glennia: Thank you