by Elegant Resorts

Banff, in the beautiful Banff National Park, Alberta, Canada is one of the worlds best places for luxury ski holidays. It has a long snow ski season and some of the world’s coldest and driest snow. This makes Banff a reliable place for a ski holiday in a magical place that is one of the largest ski areas in Canada. There are glaciers, high mountain peaks, and valleys where you will spot a variety of wildlife.

When looking for luxury skiing in Banff the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel has such grandeur that it is known as “The Castle in the Rockies”. The luxury and individualized service enhances its majestic beauty and comfort. Modeled after a Scottish Baronial castle, it has reigned supreme among hotels for over a century.

The fifth floor was renovated and turned into a Gold Floor with elegance, tasteful and comfortable furnishings, and gorgeous mountain views. The Presidential Suite is in the top tower and is reached by a private glass elevator. Unusual features include a baby grand piano, a spiral staircase, a crystal chandelier, wrap-around windows for a spectacular view and a canopy bed decorated with original European tapestries.

You can be pampered at the world-famous 36,000 square foot Willow Stream Spa where the mineral waters are regarded as sacred and therapeutic whilst the Alpine air is supposed to have healing powers. The three waterfall pools are also a sight to behold and there is also the luxury of whirlpools, saunas, private steam rooms, and excellent massages and facials.

Among the twelve restaurants are the five diamond Banffshire Club which offers a truly elegant dining experience with fresh innovative cuisine. Afternoon tea can be soothing as you sit and view the Bow Valley.

This is also a perfect location for a fairy tale romantic wedding. There are different sizes and styles of rooms to choose from including meeting rooms to ballrooms or even the use of the Bow Valley Terrace. The menu choices go from simple cocktails to an elaborate banquet so that you can plan your wedding according to your available budget.

There are three world-class ski areas (Lake Louise, Norquay, and Sunshine Village) covering 7,700 acres that can be easily reached by resort shuttles. There are runs from nursery slopes all the way to double-black diamond ones. At all times you can enjoy the magnificent mountain views and the feelings of a spiritual experience.

You can also go on sleigh rides, a gondola ride, go tobogganing, ice skating, dog sledding, snowboarding, golfing, or take a horse and carriage tour. There is great shopping in the area and within walking distance as well as over 100 restaurants with a selection of international cuisine including Mediterranean, Mexican with a Wild West theme, Italian, Korean, and even an Old Spaghetti Factory, ribs, burgers, and good steaks. There is an active night life with live music and dancing which includes an Irish pub with a variety of beers.

You can also enjoy the Banff Centre for Performing Arts, many offerings of Indian art and souvenirs, hot springs pools, museums, and galleries. Snowboard or ski lessons are offered, especially for beginners.

Photo Credits: Foyer, Meal

10 Responses to Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel (Canada)

• Donna Hull says:

I stayed in the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel during a Tauck tour of the Canadian Rockies. It's a beautiful property with a historical feel about it.

Like the sound of all that luxury – my kids are so hooked on the snowboarding, but I find that after a few hours I'm ready for some pampering and relaxation

• Alexandrou Travel says:

Part of the legacy that was CP hotels, this is the property in Banff. Great experience that I recommend to all my guests.

• harry says:

Thanks a lot for sharing this useful information about this beautiful place and hotel.I would love to stay there when I will make a trips there.

Vacations Club Review

What a beautiful property. I missed seeing it in Banff when I visited. It's probably way beyond my budget but I'd would have stopped in just to see the inside!

@Donna Hull: I never got further than a peak inside and a walk around the grounds.

@heather: Lots of pampering available here by the sounds of it.

@alexandrou travel: A good recommendation.

@harry: I hope that you get a chance to stay at Banff.

@BarbaraW: I loved the whole Rockies area but I only snuck a peek inside when I went to check out Banff. The view from the other side of the Bow River is special too.

• printable coupon says:

Thanks for sharing this information about this nice place.

@printable coupon: My pleasure.

• Banff is a place where you can have an exciting and adventurous break. While at your Banff Hotel, you can have a great time with your family or friends.